Apple cider vinegar popularly known as ACV or cider vinegar is a special type of vinegar manufactured from apple must or cider. ACV features a medium amber to pale color. Organic or unpasteurized ACV has a ‘cobweb’ appearance which makes the vinegar appear slightly congealed.
Apple cider vinegar can easily qualify as one of the most versatile natural ingredients. For instance, you can use ACV to clean, disinfect, beautify and even treat a number of health problems/ailments. Research studies attest to the numerous health, disinfectant, cleansing and beautifying benefits of apple cider vinegar.
[intense_content_box shadow=”8″ background=”#ffffff” icon=”leaf” icon_stack_color=”error” border_color=”error” border_radius=”10px”]
We’ve had people share of the wonders of apple cider vinegar (ACV) and how they have used it for all kinds of things, then telling us on Facebook like the comments for ACV below:
Acid Reflux – “I’ve struggled with reflux in the middle of the night most of my life. I thought I’d try it. One tablespoon mixed in apple juice in the mornings….no more reflux! Been cured for 6 months and counting!”
Energized – “I take a spoonful of ACV and 2 glasses of water everyday right after I wake up in the morning. It detoxifies my body as well as making me feel alive and energized!”
Trap Fruit Flies – “I use it to trap fruit flies! Fill up a little bowl, drop about 3 drops of dish soap and set it in my kitchen window sill. They love it! Don’t forget the dish soap though, that’s what keeps them trapped in the ACV.”
IMPORTANT: Please always check with a health care professional first, DO NOT take this as medical advice!
New research studies suggest that apple cider vinegar is capable of improving diabetes, lowering blood pressure, curing acid reflux as well as supporting weight loss. Apple cider vinegar benefits can be traced from its main ingredients i.e. acetic acid, magnesium, potassium, enzymes and probiotics.
It is however important to note that apple cider is most beneficial when it is bought raw since it contains all the beneficial compounds mentioned above. From the above information, it is clear why raw apple cider vinegar is highly sought after today. For raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar, you may be interested in using Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar.
Related Reading: The Apple Cider Vinegar Fat Loss Mystery Explained
If you are interested in discovering some of the main uses of ACV in depth, check out some of the uses for apple cider vinegar below. We included some recipes for different uses of ACV.
1. Detoxifying The Body – One of the main uses of apple-cider vinegar is detoxifying the body. ACV detoxifies the body by acting as a lymphatic system and liver tonic. Cider vinegar helps to balance the body’s pH as well as stimulate bowel motility, lymphatic drainage and the cardiovascular system. When all these happens in unison, the detoxification process is enhanced keeping you healthy and protected. [more]
2. Natural Hair Conditioner – Apple cider is also used as a natural hair conditioner to make the hair shinny. When used as a natural hair conditioner, one tablespoon of ACV is mixed with one cup of water and poured and rubbed on hair after shampooing. Repeating this three times weekly offers the best results.
3. Natural Teeth Whitener – One of the health benefits of ACV is acting as a natural teeth whitener that removes stubborn stains on the teeth. When used as a natural teeth whitener, ACV is rubbed on the stained tooth/ teeth for one minute.
You can do this using your finger and then rinse your mouth thoroughly using water. ACV’s pH is strong enough to remove stubborn stains on your teeth whitening them naturally. It’s anti-bacterial properties also help eliminate germs that causes sore throat.
4. Treating Heartburn and Acid Reflux – Heartburn and acid reflux are mainly caused by an imbalanced stomach pH as well as lack of probiotics and enzymes. ACV is packed with these nutrients and drinking apple cider vinegar makes one of the great natural remedies.
To treat heartburn and acid reflux using ACV, add one tablespoon of ACV to one cup of water and drink apple cider vinegar mixture 5 minutes before every meal to treat heartburn and acid reflux.
[intense_video video_type=”youtube” video_url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK8Sw3JRieM”]
5. Killing Yeast and Boosting Probiotics – Candida/yeast affects millions of people worldwide. Some of the most common side effects of Candida include; bad breath, urinary tract infections, lack of energy and digestive system issues. Apple cider vinegar is packed with probiotics as well as the type of acid capable of promoting growth of probiotics. ACV is therefore capable of killing off Candida.
When using ACV to kill yeast infection and boost probiotics, reduce or halt your sugar intake. You should consume one tablespoon of ACV three times daily to cleanse Candida and boost probiotics effectively. Just don’t forget to help ACV by consuming food rich in probiotics.
6. Regulating Body pH – Acetic acid present in ACV is used to regulate body pH since it is acidic in nature but contains more alkaline effects on the entire body. Regulating body pH helps to reduce chronic illness risks such as cancer. A well balanced body pH also boosts energy levels in the body.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss – Apple cider vinegar is also used to promote weight loss by boosting metabolism. According to numerous studies, cider vinegar has been proven help individuals who consume it on a regular basis to lose weight.
One such study was published in the Journal of Diabetes Care. There are a number of reasons behind ACV’s weight loss benefits. One of the main reasons revolves around ACV’s detoxification benefits. When the body is free of toxins, the metabolism rate increases promoting weight loss. Also, apple cider vinegar is associated with weight loss.
Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of warm water and drink it every morning. Apart from waking up your metabolism it adds some detoxifying effects making you feel lighter all throughout. For a better taste and added anti-inflammatory effect, just add one to two teaspoons of honey. Doing this everyday will result to weight loss.
8. Natural Household Cleaner – ACV is also used as a 100% natural household cleaner. Apple cider vinegar’s balanced pH and anti-bacterial properties make it a perfect natural household cleaning product.
Most household cleaning products available today are made using harsh chemicals which come with numerous risks. To use ACV as a natural household all-purpose cleaner, fill a mixture of water (50%) and ACV (50%) in a spray bottle and then spray counters, windows and floors before cleaning.
Mixing this with baking soda and letting the solution sit a while on stained fixtures doubles its effects. This method will make it easier for you remove stains, rust and dirt.
9. Soothing the Skin & Treating Skin Ailments – ACV is also used for its skin soothing benefits. When used for this purpose, one cup of ACV is mixed in bath water together with a cup of lavender essential and coconut oil.
This mixture has been proven to sooth the skin i.e. ease sunburns. When apple cider vinegar is used topically as a toner or astringent, it helps to smoothen, tone and balance skin pH.
ACV has also been proven to treat acne, warts and age spots. ACV is also used as an aftershave. Some studies also indicate that ACV can be used as a base for facial masks (bentonite clay).
10. Balancing Blood Sugar Levels – Numerous studies have proven that ACV plays a crucial role in balancing blood sugar which in turn improves diabetes.
This use is backed by one of ACV’s main ingredient; acetic acid. When used to balance blood sugar or improve diabetes, ACV is added in salads or mixed with water and consumed before meals.
11. Healing Poison Ivy – Minerals present in ACV i.e. potassium have been proven to reduce inflammation and swelling which in turn improves poison ivy. Also, ACV helps to expel toxins from the skin which helps to heal poison ivy faster.
12. Repelling Fleas – Apple cider vinegar is also used as a natural flea replant by pet owners. When used for this purpose, ACV is mixed with water and the resulting mixture is used to soak and wash pets i.e. dogs. To get the best results, soak and wash your pet in the mixture once daily for a few weeks until your pet is free of fleas.
13. Lowering Blood Pressure – This is another notable health application of ACV. Numerous studies have proven that consuming ACV regularly lowers triglycerides & blood pressure significantly.
14. Treating/Fighting Allergies – ACV is also used to cure allergies. This application is possible because of ACV’s ability to breakup mucous in the body as well as support lymphatic drainage.
Apple cider vinegar is also capable of clearing sinuses. You should mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and then drink three times daily to treat/fight allergies.
Using Apple Cider Vinegar to Remove Skin Tags
Skin tags can be an unsightly and embarrassing problem to have and very common. In general, about 25% of the population will develop skin tags, usually starting after the age of 50. Most people assume that it will be very costly to remove them and eventually just end up dealing with them.
What they do not know is that there is a simple way to remove them, once and for all using apple cider vinegar. This method could go a long way in saving you money if you deal with this problem.
At dailywanderlust blog they first tried nail polish and the results were “not good”, next they used apple cider vinegar with wonderful results. Using ACV here’s the steps they used.
- Covered the tag with a cotton ball or cotton pad soaked in organic apple cider vinegar and then used a
- Secured with a band-aid and left overnight.
- Repeated for several days.
- After 3-5 days skin tag turned black and fell off – no bleeding and no scarring.
Check out the step by step here:
Here’s another ACV story. At the dontwastethecrumbs.com blog, Tiffany and her husband share their story of using apple cider vinegar to remove a mole. Their journey includes daily images and the 5 steps they used to send that mole packing! Imanscape shares the HOW TO on cutting off a sking tag.
In summary, the above information summarizes some of the main uses for apple cider vinegar. After reading this article, you don’t need to be convinced further to use ACV daily for its health benefits and other uses. It is however important to note that apple cider vinegar has more uses than the ones mentioned above. It is therefore important to use this article as a basis for further research.